What is ACM ?
ACM stands from Association for Computing Machinery. ACM is widely recognized as the premier membership organization for computing professionals, delivering resources that advance computing as a science and a profession; enable professional development; and promote policies and research that benefit society.
What is HU-ACM Student Chapter ?
It is Helwan University’s student chapter supported by the ACM organization-the world’s largest educational and scientific society-. it is a nonprofit organization managed by a group of Helwan University students from different faculties & different academic years.
The Vision of the Chapter is to develop the Computer Science Skills in Helwan University Students and Decreasing the Gap Between (BIS,CS, Engineering ) Students and the Labor Market in Egypt and also Develop Preparatory & Secondary Schools Students in the Field of Technology to teach them to love and rely on technology in their lives.
Our Mission is to Qualify Helwan University Students to the World Finals of ACM - ICPC in the Future and also Reach the International Competition of Robocup in the future .and also the Chapter will develop & help the Students who love Researches in Technology and qualify them to join ACM Student Research Competition. and also Train & Develop Schools Students for Egyptian Olympiad in Informatics.
- Provide Courses in Competitive Programming for the Students who want to join ACM Programming Competition, EOI & IOI.
- Provide Workshops in Apps Development for the Students who want to learn about Development.
- Provide Events & Short Trainings for the Students who want to join ACM SRC Program.
- Provide Workshops in Robotics for the Students who want to join Robocup.
- Qualify the Students of Helwan University to be able to be the Instructors of the Upcoming years Courses & Workshops